Solar System

Your comment on this,
Solar System page #558:

(Hide comments)

(Turn off comments)

24 . by: Zack October 11, 2017, 4:16 pm

Hey Corv, and Downhill,

Thank you, I'm glad that you both came back to it and liked it.
23 . by: Corvidophile October 10, 2017, 10:06 pm

I finally read through this in a sitting, Iíd followed live through the introduction of the Jovians and then life got in the way and I couldnít remember week to week what was going on with the large cast, and at other times Iíd picked back up and reread to the current point, but I never did just sit and read it all until now. Teared up a bunch and now that itís over Iím blubbering on the couch! Phenomenal story.
22 . by: Downhill June 11, 2017, 3:40 pm

When this story first started I was in my final year at university, so I was too busy to really engage with it. This week, on a whim, I decided to finally read it in full, and...wow. Missing out on this for so long was criminal. I'll be mulling over the concepts and images and emotions I got from this for a long time.
21 . by: Zack July 1, 2016, 11:59 pm

Hi tayr,

Thank you for the compliments.

Currently, I have only entertained thoughts of what a Solar System printed book would look like. There would be no addendum, but a schematic of each planet's ship, along with some basic information.
20 . by: tayr July 1, 2016, 10:55 pm

Finally re-read solar system during my vacation... I needed some time where I would have very few interruptions. I don't regret it at all and if anything, it was even more interesting than before. Never have I had to google so many words for one comic, let alone a story in general.

I just wanted to say it was excellent, emotional, thought-provoking... something I'll most likely re-read every year and understand it a little more each time (I'd do it more often but it took me two days to finish it and I was reading really carefully). I was wondering if there would ever be an addendum to this? I'd really like to see more information on each race and how their technology works.
19 . by: natoon January 23, 2016, 8:16 pm

I think it's perfectly adapted to its native format, with its hover -over speech balloons and massive splash pages. Thank you for a for an epic innovatively told with sometimes heartbreaking beauty - this last page is a fine example of what is becoming your trademark bittersweet endings. Absolutely beautiful.
18 . by: Zack January 23, 2016, 6:47 am

Dear all,

Tbank you for your compliments. Esplin, I doubt that this will ever be a book. There are no plans even for an e-book.
17 . by: T-301 January 22, 2016, 7:25 am

I thoroughly enjoyed the trip!

16 . by: Esplin January 21, 2016, 11:34 pm

Wow it's over!!!!!!!!!!! Time to read it through for the 8th time! Also if anyone here wants to analyze and appreciate this beautiful piece of art, you should go to the nofna wiki at nofna.wikia.com.

Thank you so much for this story Zach, it has meant a lot to me these past few years. Excited to see what you do next!

Oh hey is this going to be a book? An ebook? I would pay for just a zip folder with all the pages in html so I could read it offline.

URL : http://nofna.wikia.com
15 . by: January 21, 2016, 12:20 am

oh snap i didn't notice the last page up until now!
i have to re-read this before i can actually write up a full-fledged comment though, lol
14 . by: Mason January 20, 2016, 7:52 pm

Thank you for your hard work and dedication to this story! I came to it a little late, but it was nice to be with it when it closed!
13 . by: kuu January 20, 2016, 6:04 am

they sacrificed their getting to know art for Earth's benifit? so they can master art again?
12 . by: January 20, 2016, 1:36 am

I can't think of a more perfect ending than the final image here.

Brave.
11 . by: Destrustor January 19, 2016, 9:50 pm

Mere words aren't enough.

Thank you, Zach.
10 . by: DrMad January 19, 2016, 9:10 pm

Zach,

Brilliant series as always, it's a shame that there isn't more of a community. I guess it is too highbrow for the general audience? Your dedication to actually FINISHING a comic is amazing, there are SO MANY webcomic graveyards out there right now. It is such a difference seeing a great storyteller/artist in action than some mindless sappy cartoony pap without any plot or meaning.

What's next? One-shots? Resting your wrists for a couple of weeks? I personally would appreciate a "SV for Vendetta" knock-off comic. SV enjoyed a somewhat better ending in the printed version than the webcomic (actually, it was a much better ending than the webcomic, that got creepy as all hell, lol). Marigold and Nutsedge never really got their due. Would SV have ever been able to convert XZ to the malice style? Seemed like it would be an apt crossover with "V for Vendetta", the scene on the roof with Evey and V.

How about "City Mouse and the Country Mouse", where a civilized mouse drops in on the rustic bumpkins to "rough-it" for martial art college? "Sand Dune: Messiah", where the society founds a religious monastery with martial arts? All sorts of terrible ideas are out there.

At any rate, keep up the good work.
9 . by: TenWren January 19, 2016, 8:24 pm

This was really well done. I'm glad you made it, and I'm glad I got to see it. Thank you.
8 . by: hazard January 19, 2016, 6:57 pm

I concur with A Moldavite Soul. No exaggeration.

I point NofNA to people more than any other comic, print or web. I'm so amazed by it. Unfortunately people don't like difficulty in their media, and NofNA stories are HARD. It's so worth it, but you have to be willing to work at it to comprehend it. I really really love that kind of stuff though, where I'm forced to really puzzle it apart, and the puzzle is *worth it.*

Keep up the good work Zach!!!!!
7 . by: A Moldavite Soul January 19, 2016, 3:54 pm

I've been playing Ennio Marricone's "Where" that he orchestrated for Mission to Mars all day. I've been playing it while reading back and up to this epilogue, and I've been overwhelmed by emotion. I've been crying the kind of tears that moments as beautiful and triumphant as this beckon. The kind of power no weapon could ever become an equivalent to.

Zach,

I've told you this already but

This has been one of the greatest stories

and one of the greatest works of art

that mankind has yet to fashion.
6 . by: Mutt January 19, 2016, 1:22 pm

Okay, so I've been sitting at my laptop saying 'it's over' for like a minute now. This is such a bittersweet ending and so sad, even though this was foreshadowed a mile away. I tried not to get too attached to the characters but the moment Hector made the first sacrifice I just gave up. This was an awesome story and I feel honored to be one of the ones who followed it from beginning to end. I really wanted to see Diana interact with the aliens and see her reaction upon receiving the halo computer, but I'd be asking for way too much. You've given us quite a ride throughout the years. Great job, Zack. Now please, for the love of cheese fries, take a break.
5 . by: Moss January 19, 2016, 12:41 pm

This was an amazing story.
4 . by: January 19, 2016, 11:09 am

3 . by: Kidna January 19, 2016, 10:47 am

I'm gonna spend a few hundreds on the shop...
2 . by: Nigel January 19, 2016, 10:13 am

Wow...

Just... wow. It's done. I know you deserve a break, but I'm curious to see what comes next in this amazing world of yours.
1 . by: Tenka January 19, 2016, 7:43 am

I don't know what it is yet. But I'm happy with this, I'm glad I was able to see. Thanks.