Solar System

Link (optional):
Your comment on this,
Solar System page #45:

(Hide comments)

(Turn off comments)

8 . by: December 15, 2014, 12:29 pm

I didn't really pay much attention to it when this page first came out, but the concept of working within dreams is pretty amazing. Lucid dreaming, but made into a standard part of technology and society, and made productive in the real world thanks to the abilities of mind-machine interfacing.

It's also a bit frightening, to see the concepts of 'productivity' taken so far. In our current society, things have gotten to the point that working for 8 hours a day is seen as 'normal' or 'baseline' productivity for a 'decent' member of society. but in Solar System's society, it's gotten to the point that even having your own dreams is seen as 'taking time off'!
7 . by: guilen February 2, 2012, 6:21 am

Praise the Sun!
6 . by: RandomDaisy January 3, 2012, 10:20 pm

Don't jinx yourself there, Yuri.

Oh god something's gonna happen to the sun somehow won't it

URL : http://randomdaisy.tumblr.com/
5 . by: Avidavi January 3, 2012, 3:52 am

Spoiler: He dies.

I saw this on "Battle: LA."
4 . by: Kaidona January 3, 2012, 12:29 am

I saw "popped the question" and immediately thought of a Jeff Dunham show. ._. That will forever ruin the intended feel of the first frame.

"Pop... popped the question? It says POOPed the question."

URL : http://kaidona.deviantart.com
3 . by: natoon January 2, 2012, 4:55 pm

It's like those Masterpeice Theater shows. Waiting for his ship to come in, etc. But I suspect in this day and age they both have to be financially pulling their own weight to make a family a reality. It's like going into business together, with love. She's prepared, but he has to shore up his financial portfolio.
On a vaguely related note, I wonder if humans adopt animals as children in this world. Why not?
2 . by: Jen January 2, 2012, 2:36 pm

Well, it's a little more, "I don't have money, and who wants to be tied down to someone with no money?"
1 . by: Saye January 2, 2012, 10:02 am

Some excuse. "Have you proposed to her?" "Nah, I don't have the time."